The Haramain High Speed Rail project is a 281.5 miles high-speed inter-city rail transport system in Saudi Arabia.
It links the Islam’s holy cities of Medina and Mecca via King Abdullah Economic City, Rabigh, Jeddah, and King Abdulaziz International Airport. It connects with the national network at Jeddah. The rail line is planned to provide a safe and comfortable transport in 186 miles per hour electric trains. The railway, which construction started in March 2009, is expected to accommodate three million passengers a year. The Civil Defense will have an office at the station and there will be a parking lot with a capacity for 6,000 vehicles as well as a parking for buses and taxis.
Vice has been granted the parking lot lighting overcoming some strict challenges:
- Resistance to harsh environmental conditions (heat, desert dust pollution etc.)
- Replace 2x70W metal halide by LED technology
- Safety heat sensor to maintain the luminaire temperature below 70 °
- Developed with mid power led technology in order to achieve the best efficiency 49 lm/ft and with a maximum glare control
- Uniformity on the tent
- Very good uniformity on the ground 1:1
Related product: Lightway 6 Diamond Prism